Annually in October, Military Family Services (MFS) with the collaboration of local Family Violence Advisory Teams, promotes and runs a Healthy Relationships Campaign. This year the campaign runs from 17 to 21 October.
The objectives of the campaign include the following:
- Increase the awareness and understating of the Intimate Relationships Continuum.
- Promote self-reflection and dialogue within couples on how to increase the health of their relationship.
- Increase the awareness of the services and programs available to support CAF members and their families.
Locally, the Borden Family Violence Advisory Team is hosting the following events throughout the campaign:
- Briefing: Modeling Healthy Relationship; 18 October at 1200 hrs.
- Briefing: Human Trafficking; 19 October at 1200 hrs.
- Briefing: Cyber Safety; 20 October at 1200 hrs.
- Kiosks: look for kiosks at the Buell Gym and at CANEX throughout the week.
The briefings will be offered by the Violence Prevention Program from the Women and Children’s Shelter of Barrie. For more information regarding the briefings, log onto the following website: Borden Health Promotion.
This article is brought to you by your local Family Violence Advisory Team. For any questions or concerns, please contact your local Health Promotion Team at local 7086.
Submitted by: Health Promotion