This is another easy and calorie wise meal. Add some rice or bread and you will be all set.
- Canola oil 2 tsp (10 ml)
- Ground turkey, chicken or beef 1 pkg (450 g)
- Dried oregano leaves 2 tsp (10 ml)
- Salt and pepper ¼ tsp (1 ml) each
- Hot salsa 1 1/2 cup (375 ml)
- Cooked broccoli florets 3 cups (750 ml)
- Yellow bell pepper, chopped Half
- Shredded light old cheddar1 cup (250 ml)
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat and brown turkey with oregano, salt and pepper.
- Spread turkey into 8-inch (1.5 L) baking dish. Spread with half of the salsa. Top with broccoli and pepper. Spread with remaining salsa and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in preheated 375°F (190°C) oven for about 30 minutes or until heated through, bubbly and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Information per serving:
Calories: 276 kcal
Protein: 28 g
Fat: 15 g
Carbohydrate: 8 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sodium: 687 mg (salsa, cheese)
This recipe can be found along with many others at Unlock Food, which is provided by Dieticians of Canada.