This BBQ recipe will certainly add some variety to your week, while providing a balanced meal.
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) mini potatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sodium reduced vegetable broth or water
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 2 cobs of corn, husked, each cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 1 lb (500 g) large (21/25) peeled shrimp, thawed
- 1 tomato, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cayenne
1. In a foil or grill safe baking dish, toss potatoes with broth, 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the parsley and pepper. Place on preheated medium-high grill; close lid and grill for 10 minutes, stirring once.
2. In a bowl, toss corn with oil and chili powder. Open lid and stir corn into potatoes. Close lid and grill for 5 minutes.
3. In same bowl, toss shrimp with tomato, garlic and cayenne. Open lid and stir vegetables. Stir in shrimp mixture; close lid and grill for about 8 minutes or until shrimp are firm and pink and potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with remaining parsley to serve.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 4)
Protein 23 g
Sodium 260 mg
Potassium 1150 mg
Total fat 5 g
Saturated fat .5 g
Cholesterol 160 mg
Carbohydrates 41 g
Fibre 6 g
Sugars 6 g
Added sugars0 g
For more recipes, check out the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada Website.