This recipe is perfect to be combined with rice or noodles to make a stir fry. It can also be great on its own with a nice salad. Make lots for leftovers or freeze it for another time.
- 190 mL (¾ cup) no sugar added canned crushed pineapple
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 1 clove garlic, grated or minced
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) lower sodium soy sauce
- 10 mL (2 tsp) vegetable oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 500 g/1 lb)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) fresh mint, chopped
- 2 mL (½ tsp) hot pepper sauce
- In a shallow dish, combine 60 mL (¼ cup) of the pineapple, ginger, garlic, soy sauce and 5 mL (1 tsp) of the oil; set aside.
- On a cutting board, cut chicken breasts into cubes. Add to marinade, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Heat remaining oil in nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Stir-fry chicken and marinade, add red pepper and stir for about 8 minutes. Use a digital food thermometer to check that the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 74 °C (165 °F).
- Stir in mint, hot pepper sauce, and 125 mL (½ cup) of the pineapple.