This recipe is a great source of protein and can be used in a variety of ways, such as a side dish, an appetizer or added to a salad.
- 2 tsp (10 mL) rasped fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, rasped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sodium reduced soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) sriracha sauce (or 1/2 tsp/2 mL for a spicier kick)
- 1 pkg (454 g) large raw shrimp, thawed peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby arugula
- In a bowl, whisk together ginger, garlic, soy sauce and sriracha. Add shrimp and toss to coat evenly. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Using small skewers, push 2 shrimps onto each skewer and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Place shrimp on grill over medium heat and grill shrimp turning once for about 5 minutes or until cooked through. Garnish with cilantro if desired. Serve on arugula.
Nutritional info per serving (3 skewers)
- Calories 74
- Protein 14 g
- Sodium 390 mg
- Potassium 205 mg*
- Total fat 0.5 g
- Saturated fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 0 g
- Carbohydrates 2 g
- Fibre 0 g
- Sugars 0 g
- Added sugars 0 g
For more recipes, check out the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada Website.