Here is a tasty and calorie wise meal to make. Prep and cleanup are quick and easy with everything made in one dish!
- Fresh pickerel, perch, haddock or walleye 1 lb (454 g)
- Lemon zest 1 ½ tsp (7 ml)
- Pepper ½ tsp (2 ml)
- Salt ½ tsp (2 ml)
- Carrot, thinly sliced 1
- Small zucchini, thinly sliced 1
- Chopped sundried tomatoes
in oil 2 Tbsp (30 ml)
- Canola oil 2 Tbsp (30 ml)
- White wine 2 Tbsp (30 ml)
- Lemon juice 1 Tbsp (15 ml)
- Garlic clove, rasped 1
- Pinch each, dried oregano and basil leaves
- Place fish fillets in parchment paper lined 13 x 9 inch (3 L) baking pan. Sprinkle with lemon, pepper and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) of the salt. Sprinkle with carrot, zucchini and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, wine, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, basil and remaining salt. Drizzle over top of vegetables.
- Roast in 400°F (200°C) oven for about 20 minutes or until fish flakes when tested and vegetables are lightly golden.
Nutrition Information per serving:
- Calories: 194 kcal
- Protein: 23 g
- Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrate: 4 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sodium: 317 mg
- Calcium: 140 mg
- Iron: 2 mg
This recipe can be found along with many others at Unlock Food, which is provided by Dieticians of Canada.