This fast and easy recipe is great for dinner or lunch. If you struggle to make time to cook, make double for leftovers!
1. In a small saucepan, cover barley with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until barley is tender but still chewy. Drain well and toss with arugula; set aside.
2. Spray carrots and peppers with cooking spray; set aside.
3. Toss chicken breasts with 1 tsp (5 mL) of the oil and chili powder to coat.
4. Heat grill to medium high heat and grill carrots, peppers and chicken breasts for about 7 for the vegetables and about 12 minutes for the chicken. Turn occasionally until vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink inside. Remove to cutting board.
5. Slice carrots and peppers; toss with remaining oil and vinegar. Divide barley mixture among 4 bowls and top with vegetables.
6. Slice chicken and place over top to serve.
Per serving (1 of 4)
Protein 26 g
Sodium 120 mg
Potassium 700 mg
Total fat 6 g
Saturated fat 1 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
Carbohydrates 33 g
Fibre 5 g
Sugars 7 g
Added sugars 0 g