Padre’s Corner: The Power of Feeling Understood

The stable home/family situation of CAF members is a key contributor to positive morale and organizational readiness. However, emotional reactivity in one family member...

Garage sale season is coming to town!

Looking to clear house before Annual Posting Season? The CFB Borden Residential Housing Unit (RHU) community garage sale is happening the weekend of Saturday...

Mental Health Week: Building resilience through stories

Each year, one in five Canadians will experience a mental health issue. The theme of this year’s Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) Mental Health...

Mental Health Week: My Story

By: Anonymous Writing this, I think to myself that many people had it worse than me and my issues were minuscule. This couldn’t be further...

National Youth Week May 1-7, 2023

The first Youth Week was held in Canada in 1995, with a handful of events scattered throughout the country. The initiative has gathered momentum...

Barrie Airshow returns June 10 & 11

The 2023 Barrie Airshow, a free, family-friendly event at Kempenfelt Bay is set to take place on Saturday, June 10 and Sunday, June 11. Aviation...

Earth Hour reduces electricity use at CFB Borden by more than 3 per cent

The Hydro One Systems Control Center reported that when compared to a typical Saturday in March, demand for electricity at CFB Borden was reduced...

National volunteer week 2023

This year’s National Volunteer Week is held from 16-22 April, 2023. The theme for this year is Volunteering Weaves Us Together. The Borden Family Resource...

New bus system at Borden

*This article has been updated on 10 August, 2023 with additional details. Shuttle system expands to Borden residents Getting around CFB Borden will soon be easier...

Grief advocate offers tips to help you thrive on International Women’s Day

Grateful. This is the word Monica Bobbitt chooses to describe the last nine years of her life. It might surprise you to learn that nine...
Angus
few clouds
10.3 ° C
11.9 °
8.7 °
32 %
5.9kmh
22 %
Fri
13 °
Sat
13 °